Arizona Box Lacrosse (AZBOXLA), along with our partners Desert Elite in Phoenix and One Team Lacrosse in Chandler are hosting a Fall Box League for 2017. The league is designed for returning players to compete in fast paced real box lacrosse with team mates against other clubs before the field season starts.
Box Lacrosse teaches the the two-man game, off ball cycling, the importance of accurate passing and shooting, stick protection, transition offense and defense. All important as we prepare for the upcoming field lacrosse season
Teams and programs with commitments and interest include:
Ahwatukee Lightning, Chandler Dogs, Chandler Pumas, Chandler Firebirds, Corona Aztecs, Desert Elite, Desert Vista, Gilbert Bulldogs, Gilbert Tigers and Mountain Pointe. Other programs encouraging participation: Arcadia, Arizona Lacrosse, Desert Vista – Plus individual players adding to free agent teams
– 3 Divisions – Peewees (12U), Bantam (14U) and HS Open
– Free agents or complete teams (12-17 players)
– 6-team maximum per division
– 4 weeks of full games every Saturday in October
– Games are 3×15 min periods with 2 min intermissions
– USBOXLA sanctioned, rules, paid and certified referees
– 3 Facilities – Barney’s, Casey’s, and Peoria Sportplex
– 2-3 hrs per division, 12pm to 9pm
– 4 weeks of games every Saturday in October
– 9/27 & 9/28: Free Box Clinics
– 10/7: Games at Casey’s
– 10/14: Barney’s
– 10/21: Casey’s
– 10/28: Peoria Sportplex
- How much?
Cost is $125 per player or $1250 per team. Teams are 12-17 players
Meaning . . . If you get 12 friends or team mates to play it costs just over $100 each, for 17 only $73.50 each . . .
- What else?
Players must have USBOXLA Player Membership. US Lacrosse does not cover box lacrosse
Practice plans, coaching assistance and USBOXLA Coaches certification available
Box protective equipment, Rib and Bicep Pads recommended. Supplier is Maximum Lacrosse
Play box. Get better. Have fun!